THIS IS REPLACING HIGHER NATURE'S VITAMIN D3 500IU
*Please note: to prevent an inconsistency in availability due to stock, this item can be bought in to order if we are out of stock. If this item is showing as pre-order, please allow up to working 5 days for despatch of this item.
- Each 1 drop provides 400IU of vitamin D3 which is the amount recommended by Public Health England for babies from birth
- Contain no preservatives, no flavours and no colours so you can feel confident to give them safely from birth
- Flexible dosing enables you to easily increase the dosage for older children and even adults
- Vitamin D3 is the body's preferred form of vitamin D as it's the same form that's naturally produced by the body in response to sunlight
What is Vitamin D good for?
The more we discover about vitamin D, the more important we find out it is. Vitamin D contributes to many important functions within the body including:
• Normal functioning of the immune system
• Maintenance of bone and teeth and it influences the utilisation of calcium and phosphorus too
• Required for normal muscle function
• The process of cell division which is involved in every single cell in the body
• Maintenance of normal blood calcium concentrations
Why choose Vegan Vitamin D?
Vitamin D3 drops from lichen are the ideal choice for vegans/vegetarians
Vitamin D3 is recommended for everyone throughout autumn and winter, and at risk groups are advised to take it all year round, therefore these drops may provide daily support for all
These drops contain no preservatives, flavours or colours
Food sources of vitamin D come nearly exclusively from animal sources, meaning vegans must rely on the sun (impossible 6 months of the year) and supplementation to ensure adequate levels
Why do babies need Vitamin D?
Babies have a crucial need for vitamin D to ensure the optimal development and growth of their bones and teeth, and for the prevention of rickets. Adequate vitamin D is also essential for babies to ensure their developing immune system learns to function optimally. As vitamin D plays a critical role in cell division, this is essential for all of the cells of a rapidly growing baby.
Babies that are breastfed need supplemental vitamin D from birth. According to government guidelines, bottle-fed babies generally don't need extra vitamin D until around 6 months of age, as formula is fortified with vitamin D. It is important to ensure your baby obtains 400IU of vitamin D3 per day from birth (check amounts in formula and how much is consumed daily).
Babies have reduced exposure to sunlight, creating a greater need for vitamin D from birth.
Why choose our Vitamin D For Babies?
Ensure your baby is consuming 400IU of vitamin D daily, from birth. These D3 drops provide 400IU per drop, so only 1 drop is needed; being drops, this provides easy and flexible dosing as they grow, also for older children and even adults.
Recommended Dosage -
Babies and young children - 1 drop daily
Older Children and Adults - 1-5 drops daily or as directed.