By Placing an order with us you are agreeing to the following terms of business:
* Delivery on all orders is charged at a flat rate of £3.75 per order, this is regardless of how much you order and how much your parcel weighs. We do not charge extra for heavier parcels despite the delivery charge quite often not covering our cost.
* PLEASE ENSURE YOUR ADDRESS IS TYPED CORRECTLY! We are unable to replace items lost in the postal system if your address is not input correctly. If your parcel is returned to us unable to be delivered due to an incorrect address being input by the customer, we will need to charge delivery for re-sending the parcel to you at our actual cost (which may be less or more than the original delivery charge paid). This is especially important for overseas orders - please check your address is in the correct format for your country.
* PLEASE ENSURE SOMEONE WILL BE AT HOME TO RECEIVE THE PARCEL - Failed deliveries can cause frustration and complications for you and us! Here are some points to consider:
- Please consider delivery to your work or neighbour if you are likely to be out when your parcel arrives
- If you would like us send your delivery on a specific date (excluding weekends), or if you will be out a particular day and would like to request for the delivery not be made on that day, please state this in the customer comment box at checkout.
If your parcel is returned to us for any reason that is not a fault of our own, including but not limited to being unable to deliver, incorrect address, failure to collect at sorting office, we will contact you and reserve the right to give you the following 2 options:
- You can pay a further P&P charge (at cost, please note courier re-deliveries can be costly) for us to re-send your item to the correct address or an alternative address, or
- You can request a refund, less our original P&P costs plus 10% of the cost of the items as an admin and re-stocking fee.
We are reasonable people, and this policy may be waived under exceptional circumstances, we do not wish to profit from this it is merely to recoup our postage costs, which are usually already generously subsidised by ourselves. Please also see the failed delivery policies below.
* IMPORTANT: We have many requests to leave the parcel in an unsecured place such as a porch or greenhouse if no-one is in. We will write this information on the parcel for the postman if requested. However, we are not responsible for non-delivery of any parcels left in this way. We cannot guarantee these requests are met as it will depend on the delivery person, and also whether the parcel needs to be signed for.
* ORDER PROCESSING & DESPATCH TIMES
- Orders received before 12noon are processed same day, and for general stock items (excluding hand prepared and aromatherapy items) are usually despatched same day. Orders received after 12noon are processed and usually despatched the following working day, although sometimes we will despatch same day, depending on how busy we are and how complicated the order is! Please note these quoted times are stock dependent and sometimes subject to conditions beyond our control (including the postal/courier collection service) so should not be relied upon 100%.
- Aromatherapy and hand-prepared products are hand-prepared to order, and are usually despatched in 1-5 working days.
- We will advise you within 2 working days of placing your order if your order will not be despatched within these quoted time frames by email, or phone if you do not have an email.
- Some items will arrive under separate cover, so please be patient if you only receive part of your order, although we will always inform you of this on the packing slip (which will be in a document enclosed wallet on your package).
* DELIVERY TIMES & DESPATCH METHODS
UK ORDERS - We always use Royal Mail First Class post, orders over £30 in value are sent Recorded Signed For. We also use a next day courier (currently Interlink) for larger and bulkier items who offer a complete online tracking service and guaranteed next working day delivery (UK mainland only - see below). Your tracking number is quoted in the email you are sent to let you know your order has been despatched.
- IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING ROYAL MAIL FIRST CLASS - Royal Mail First Class does not guarantee next day delivery. In fact they do not deem a parcel as lost or not delivered until 15 working days has passed. However they quote 92% of parcels arrive next day.
- If you require your order urgently, please contact us by phone or email to request an Express Guaranteed Service. This service is subject to an additional supplement of £5.00. (UK only). Requests for urgent orders must be received before 12noon for next day service, and this may also exclude aromatherapy items which are hand-prepared to order. You are best to contact us for advice.
- Courier charges for deliveries outside the UK mainland, and including some of the Scottish Highlands can be considerably high and can be in the region of £25+VAT. We will therefore send to these areas by the most efficient possible method (usually Royal Mail Standard Parcels) which may mean a longer delivery time. Speedier courier delivery is an option but we will need to charge an additional supplement, so please contact us if this will effect you.
OVERSEAS ORDERS - We use Airmail which can take up to 3-5 days, or maybe longer depending on destination. If the weight exceeds 2Kg, we use Surface Mail which can take a lot longer, or we can use overseas courier such as Fedex. Expected delivery timescale is available on request as it will depend on weight and destination.
* FAILED DELIVERY POLICIES
- ROYAL MAIL - If you are out when the postal worker calls, they will usually leave you a card to say your parcel needs to be collected from the sorting office. PLEASE NOTE: often the card is not received by the customer for some reason (maybe caught up in junk mail or failed to be delivered), so if your order is delayed it is worth ringing the sorting office to see if your parcel is there even if a card is not received.
- COURIER - the delivery person will leave you a calling card. They will usually attempt delivery twice, after which the parcel is held at their depot for 4 days awaiting your collection before being returned to us as a failed delivery.
* DELAYED DELIVERIES
If you have not received your parcel in the stated time, you are welcome to contact us so we can confirm that it was definitely sent and by which method. Please also refer to the failed delivery advice above. We will deal with each case in its own merit, but generally we cannot take any action until we can put a claim into the despatch company for the loss. However, please contact us as we will always try to help in any way we can, or we can usually offer a mutually agreeable solution.
Please note that proof of postage records are only available for 3 months after despatch of order, so any queries must be received within this time or no claim can be made.
Damaged Deliveries received by the courier must be reported within 24 hours of receipt or no claim can be made.
* PACKAGING A LITTLE SCRUFFY? - WE ALWAYS TRY TO REUSE PACKING MATERIALS SUCH AS BOXES AND BUBBLE WRAP TO PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT AND KEEP OUR PRICES LOW. We hope you will appreciate this as we like to do all we can to help the environment, and we feel that re-using something is much more environmentally friendly than recycling it!
* ORDERS FOR COLLECTION
We can prepare orders for collection from our warehouse in Bedwas, South Wales, saving you the postage. If you wish to do this please place an online order and select the relevant option at checkout.