This is an alternative to Metagest, or you could try the Similase.
Nutri Advanced products are generally 'prescription only' available only by referral from a health practitioner due to their high potencies and specialised targeted combinations. A few products have been added to our range by Danielle, our Nutritional Therapist and Kinesiologist, as they are those very commonly found to be needed by clients in her practice. You are free to purchase this product without a consultation, but if you would like to chat to a Nutritional Therapist, please call and speak to Danielle or Beth.
Danielle is discovering more and more people with low stomach acid, and in particular having problems digesting protein. She believes this is partly caused by the promotion of a low sodium diet, as the body uses the chloride in salt to produce stomach acid (hydrochloric acid).Nutrigest is a potent combination of hydrochloric acid (HCl), broad spectrum digestive enzymes and key amino acids to help support digestion in the stomach and small intestine.
Nutrigest has been reformulated and is now suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It is now in capsule form. We have swapped out the pancreatic enzymes for enzymes derived from aspergillus. Ox bile and pepsin have been removed, and glycine and taurine added, for supporting the conjugation of bile acids.
- HCl aims to support healthy stomach acid levels
- An acidic environment in the stomach is crucial for the breakdown (denaturing) of proteins
- Adequate levels of HCl are also needed to stimulate the pancreas to secrete digestive enzymes
- This occurs once the partially digested food mixture is released from the stomach into the small intestine
- A low pH (acidic) is also vital for supporting immune function, as potentially harmful microbes cannot live in an acidic environment
- Provides a mixture of enzymes including amylase, protease and lipase that help further break down food in the small intestine
- Papain and bromelain are plant enzymes that both contain protease, which supports the breakdown of protein
- Amylase supports the breakdown of carbohydrates
- Lipase supports the breakdown of fats
- Contains the amino acids glycine and taurine which are biologically conjugated (joined) to bile acids in the liver, aiding lipid metabolism and absorption
Why choose Nutrigest Digestion Capsules?
It's not just what we eat, but how well we can digest and actually absorb it that counts! If stomach acid levels fall too low this can result in difficulties digesting protein and may also result in low levels of digestive enzymes and bile being secreted during the digestive process. A supplement containing HCl and enzymes may be a very helpful way to support digestion.
Who is it suitable for?
As we age our bodies may produce less HCl. This can also occur in either acute or chronic illness. Nutrigest is suitable for those who may have compromised digestive function, who may benefit from a broad-spectrum digestive support supplement to facilitate more optimum digestion and assimilation. Nutrigest is not suitable for individuals with gastritis or ulcers. Nutrigest is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Each tablet typically contains:Betaine HCl 150mg
L-Glutamic Acid HCl 100mg
protease (from papain) 266,680 USP(1)
protease (from bromelain) 36 GDU(2)
Protease (2300 HUT (3)) 230mg
Amylase (1500 SKB (4)) 30mg
Lipase (1200 U (5)) 120mg
1) United States Pharmacopeia 2) Gelatin Digesting Unit 3) Hemoglobin Units Tyrosine base 4) Sandstedt, Kneed and Blish 5) Enzyme Unit
Capsulated with: Silicon dioxide, Magnesium stearate, Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
Not recommended for individuals with gastritis or ulcers. Do not chew or break the capsule. Capsule must be swallowed whole. If pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Can capsule be split into a smaller size?
No - do not split capsule.
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.